Thursday, July 30, 2009

Road Trip


So despite a very sudden change of plans, me and 7 buddies still have a roadtrip coming up this weekend. There's just ONE person I wish was going with us, but I'm used to this sort of thing. I'll be able to share plenty of cool stuff with her soon enough.
Anywho, the original plan was to go to Lake Cumberland, and some unforseen circumstances led to a reroute to Gatlinburg TN. It should be fun; some hiking, hanging, and some other cool h-word I haven't thought of yet.
Ever since I was making 4 hour trips a couple times a month last year, the length of the drives have never bothered me. I'm just looking forward to getting down there and getting away from things for a little while. Everyone around me seems to be trying to "rediscover" themselves, and while I'm pretty happy with my direction and goals for the future, some evaluation time never hurt anyone.

If you want to see where we'll be staying, click here

A Room With a View, here we come.

3 comments:

calencoriel said...

Make a game of counting how many bear decorations you find in the chalet - knick knacks, wall hangings, toothbrush holders, soap dishes, plates, etc.

I'm gonna wager that you will find 46 different items.

Our groups current record is over 100, but that was the beariest place I've ever seen in G-burg.

Btw...did you hear there was an actual bear sighting at my hotel up in Kent, Ohio this week?

Did you hear that? BEARS!

Murr Nation said...

They could smell the menstruation! Haha, thats crazy. We saw a family of bears last time we were hiking in G-Burg. I'm kinda hoping that happens again.

Grace said...

Some people say bears get agitated and will attack you if you make fake bird calls at them.

Oh wait, that was just Kim...