Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Hardest Goodbye...

A handful of experiences in my life have taught me that you should say every goodbye like it could be your last. This is a logical way to approach the situation considering it is a an actual possibility, but it is also just a more fulfulling way to approach life.

But doing so doesn't make it any easier to say that last goodbye. I have had a handful of very close friends have their parents pass away. The most recent is one of the hardest. It's not because I was any closer to this friend or his parents, but because he puts up such a hardened shield. He has to be the tough guy. I want to be there for him, but I don't know how. I told him I was, and he genuinely seemed thankful, but no matter what I do I feel like it isn't enough. I just hope that it is...

The Schaefers are in my prayers.

1 comment:

calencoriel said...

wow...I am right with you on this one...

The older one won't act like there's a thing wrong and the younger one won't talk a bit and there'll be no way to know if he's okay or not.

This is going to be a difficult weekend...and so difficult for you guys to have to go through this again at such a young age...

My heart is with you, the schaefers and everyone in E-dale who is hurting right now...