Sunday, November 29, 2009

The lost weeks...

The weeks between Thanksgiving break and Christmas break are hell- a purgatory of deciding where you can coast, and where you need to kick your work into overdrive. I am doing well in all of my classes but one, and I am furiously writing papers to help bring my grade back up in that class. I have papers due in other classes as well, each carrying as much weight as the next. However, fortunately with these types of classes, these papers replace the finals, making my third and final week much less stressful than those of my peers.

The Kernel has made certain to stress the importance that while students may be coasting during these closing weeks of the semester, our paper will not. We are still stacking coverage stories upon coverage stories, staying late and working all day. But I couldn't be more proud of being a part of an organization that takes itself so seriously. I just hope it helps to hone my craft to where it needs to be.

Regardless, I just need to buckle down and make sure I get the things done that I need to get done, and that I don't just coast in an effort to make it through these last 18 days.

No comments: