Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Snacks and sh*t


Thanks to my lovely friends I was introduced to the perfect website for those who truly enjoy the absurdity in hip-hop lyrics these days. The blog "Snacks and Shit" compiles absurd and (unfortunately) real rap lyrics, states the artists, and follows them up with humorous commentary. The website is updated rather frequently and there is a twitter account linked to it as well that is updated each time they add a new post. In addition to the hyperlink I tagged above, I have also added the website under my "People with stuff to say" section found along the right side of this website.

A sample of what can be found on Snacks and Shit:

"Watch me make a movie like Albert Hitchcock."
- Pitbull, 1, 2 3, 4 I Know You Want Me


Who's Albert Hitchcock? Is that Alfred Hitchcock's idiot brother?

Filed Under: Needs a research assistant / Simply incorrect


"Don't holler at me unless money is the topic."
- Nipsey Hussle, Hussle Is My Last Name


Friend: Hey what time is it?
Nipsey: What did we talk about?
Friend: Oh, that's right. Sorry. Umm... What time is it right now at the bank?
Nipsey: Ten after two.

Filed under: Alienating too many topics of conversations



If that isn't enough to entice you to check out the site then I don't know what is. But for those who get a little laugh there are hundreds more just like that and you can entertain yourself for hours going through the lyrics these guys have compiled on their site.

Also, if you'd like to follow them on twitter click here to access their page.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I'll never forget one of 50 Cent's finer moments thanks to you:

"You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house
And if you got a glass jaw, you should watch your mouth, 'cause I'll break your face."

Murr Nation said...

Hahaha, yessss. I'm glad the brilliance of that lyric has stuck with you. And what makes it worse is the fact it follows up Eminem's ridiculously good verse.