Monday, March 1, 2010

Kernel Basement

I think it leads to hysteria. I spend 8 hours a day in the basement of the Grehan Journalism Building working on UK's daily paper. The pay is bad, but there is something about the staff that makes a 40 hour work week, making 50 cents a day not such a bad thing. Talks about Mario Golf while listening to Bob Seger and James Taylor with the Sports and Opinions desks. Wes reminding me the perils of being white. Sure, the future of the paper for next year is up in the air, but all I know is I want to be here.

I realize this was anything but a cohesive post. It was random thoughts and sentences typed in that god forsaken basement.

I just felt like I needed to post.

By the way, keep your eye on the update section of the Oscar post below. I am making progress on the Best Picture list.

2 comments:

Wesley Robinson said...

they aren't perils, just uncontrollable tendencies of being white... like telling everybody everything you hear

Matthew Murray said...

Haha, fair enough. I can't think of a time people have ever done that down there... haha